Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Trying to update my Autostar

Hi,

Has anyone suggestions as to what I could do next? I am trying to update my LX90 Autostar which used to work, but I sold my desktop with its serial port and replaced it with a laptop with USB ports. I purchased the Meade USB/RS232 adapter that should (in theory) allow communication between PC and Autostar via the old serial cable. I have downloaded the lastest driver from Meade, made power management settings reflect Desktop, given it lower baud rate settings but am still unable to get the Autostar recognised by the software. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers,

Jerry.

Hi Jerry :)

The solution lies in getting the software to find and use the correct COM Port.

If you go into the Updater software it will ask to do a search of COM ports, tick yes. That then tells you which to use.

(Be aware that it is not unusual for the USB/Serial adaptor to re-number your COM Ports!)

Hope that helps.

Hi Steve,

During the Autostar Update it performs a search of all COM ports - I click on 'Yes' for it to do it and it returns the message 'Cannot find COM port'.

It automatically assigns COM4 but when that didn't work I reassigned it to COM1, but it comes up with the same message.

Jerry

Archived