NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Welsh Valleys Meeting

valleyman

Having had a look at Stellerium, for the day of 24/25th September it would seem it will be a full moon at that time, so if we did get a clear night the viewing would not be very good with all that moon light.

So My suggestion is to go a week later and have the meeting on the 1st/2nd October............weather permitting.

I would welcome any suggestions on alternative dates.

Can you post replies on the Group page please

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder to all Welsh valley members that it is hoped to have a meeting at Brecon Mountain Centre on Friday 1st October. My long range weather map shows a possible HIGH Pressure on that day moving up from Cornwall.

Will post again next week with more weather info

Valleyman

"Would the weekend of the 8th/9th be better? "

If it's any help, Sis is home that weekend. Whenever she's home, the viewing seems to be great, but her schedule of visiting friends is so full, she can only rarely take advantage of having a look through the telescope (she's just managed once, last visit, I think it was the night I got the 200p dob!). :icon_salut:

PS But fingers crossed for the 1st for you anyway.

Hi Ogri, took my scope to west wales this weekend, cloudy saturday night so only a few views of the moon between the breaks of cloud.

My sister lives on a farm in St Davids and as your signature says "little light pollution" some of the best skies i have seen, the milky way was a great sight 2 weeks ago (no scope..DOH!) will be back there in 2 weeks so lets hope clear skies

Archived