Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yippee !!!

Chubster

Clouds disappeared lastnight to reveal glorious sky's :) Well after lots of fumbling with the scope....its been a long time.... WOW :shock: :shock: M42...I couldn't believe it. Looked absolutely fantastic in 25mm but then popped in the meade 12.4 and double WOW. Very Happy the four stars in the middle pin sharp with the dust clouds all around :) I'm so chuffed. Looked at it for ages till it disappeared behind a house, wasnt going to stop there so i thought id have a scout around...after lots of looking eventually found M81 and 82, not fantastic it has to be said but still brilliant that I saw them. Came in extremely cold woke the missus up to tell her what I saw (note to self, don't do that again) and going to bed a happy chappy.

one thing though....did notice that the focuser was quite tricky to get right ie a bit "jumpy" if that makes sense. Is there something I can do about this or is it worth upgrading to a Crayford (is that what its called). I am wanting to get into webcam imaging very soon if this has any bearing on focuser.

Cheers Chubster

Archived