Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW FlexTube 250

Hi

Just purchased a Flextube 250 Auto and would like to know what the two Buttons SET & GO are for. I asked SW they put me on to OLV, they could not help me. I tried FLO who suggested I try Stargazers. Any ideas.

Robin

The handset is used for a number of different mounts. The "SET" & "GO" buttons are used on the Supatrak & Merlin mounts to store 6 preset terrestial positions. Page 8 Auto-Tracking manual

Peter

When you have something nice in your eyepiece just press the set and a number button at the same time and that position will be saved all night, when you want to re-visit just press the go button together with the position that you stored it at and you will have it back in the FOV. Remember though, this is not a goto so any positions stored will only work on the night that they are stored.

Happy hunting! :-)

Hi Guys

Thanks for your advice, my instructions did not say anything about these buttons. I will try them later on.

Meanwhile I have another problem which you may be able to help me with. The tracking is very poor. Using a 25mm EP the centered object tracks out of vision within 3 minutes. Without tracking engaged 1 1/2 minutes. so some tracking is happening.

In the test report I read by Nick Howes, he says that it held an object for up to one hour.

I also notice that if I fit a 2" EP with the Tube only say 30o to the horizontal it wont take the weight and lowers itself against the gearing.

If you do not know the answers I will post another thread as a review.

Thanks again for your help

ATB

Robin

Robin.. odd one, as I had the new GOTO version at SSP and multiple people can also testify to the tracking accuracy, it held Albeiro pretty close to dead centre for 45 minutes in a 30mm EP (Meade 5000 series) on not an ideal slope/setup, so maybe you have a problematic unit? Hope not

• 2 weeks later...

Just read Paul Money's review in S@N too...his tracked fine as well...

Beginning to wonder if review models are tweaked :-( ...as the Celestron mount I had for review, which went to a dealer afterwards, was the ONLY one they had which worked...

On saying that the AX103 was a shocker... so I guess not..

Archived