NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

last night who wants a play with this

LITTLE COL

Hi mate

Thats not a bad pic at all youve nowt to be ashamed of there. Looks like you suffer from the same orange glowing sky i do. Give us some info on equipment you used and expaosures etc id be interested. I learned a very good if rough tip recently which can really help to get rid of the light pollution in pics like this. Do you have photoshop?

Andy

Great, i took a very similar pic last night myself. Its been a good couple of nights for it cant go out tonight too knackered so hope it lasts for tomorrow. I think there is a very good rundown of what to do in the tips bit i saw on here. What i was told was very basic but seems to help a lot with the glow. i would post the results of what i did to mine but im new here and havent yet worked out how to get pics in the posts? anyone?

WHat i was told was to open the pic in photoshop and then go to enhance tab pic brightness/contrast. This brings up extra box, click on the black dropper and click into area of no stars where light pollution has brightened the background. this works well on my images. You can then use the slider bar to enhance the brightness of stars to get a much better looking image. Im sure there are better ways and i apologise if you already know this (im sure im very far behind most people) but i only just learning this and have found that i can make a lot of my huge collection of orange pics look a lot better so made me very happy

Andy

Hey COL, thats a great first go at a longish exposure. And you nailed the focus too and that's no easy feat with a DSLR in the dark. So many people have problems (i still do!) with the focus. Nice job!

One thing, you may want to get a CCD cleaning kit for the 300D as you have a few 'dust bunnies' on the chip. I bought mine from Warehouse Express for £15.

Regards

Russ

Archived