What can I say !

vlebo

A friend of ours popped round for a cuppa this afternoon and the subject got onto my astronomy hobby and why I waste my time looking into space . She asked me what I can see so I showed her a pic of Jupiter and told her that it is about 500 million miles from Earth and the picture roughly represented what I could see through my Dob . I could see that she was phasing out but she came back with a killer statement and I quote " How come when we are on an aeroplane we don't crash into them " needless to say I thought it best for my own sanity not to continue trying to get her interested in Astronomy.

Vlebo

My mum, bless her, comes out with some classics. She thought that each country had its own moon...

When my brother asked her which moon the Americans landed on, she said, "Well, the American moon."

Some weeks later, I was telling Mum about the great views of craters on the moon I'd been wowed by.

I was about to explain to Mum how the craters are created, and told myself off. Of course Mum will probably know how the craters were made. So I said, "You know how the craters were made, don't you?"

"Yes, of course!"

Silly me, of course mum knew!

"That's where the shape ships landed." :blob10:

My mum, bless her, comes out with some classics. She thought that each country had its own moon...

When my brother asked her which moon the Americans landed on, she said, "Well, the American moon."

Some weeks later, I was telling Mum about the great views of craters on the moon I'd been wowed by.

I was about to explain to Mum how the craters are created, and told myself off. Of course Mum will probably know how the craters were made. So I said, "You know how the craters were made, don't you?"

"Yes, of course!"

Silly me, of course mum knew!

"That's where the shape ships landed." :)

:blob10: Classsic!! :hello2:

Archived