Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first play with camera ..dont get carried away there ****!

oakwell

ok so heres my first attempt at jupiter i know there **** but i only used the telescope 5 times and i got these. more room for improvement but wanted to see if i could at least get my canon 350d to shoot summat

post-19293-133877478514_thumb.jpg

post-19293-133877478521_thumb.jpg

post-19293-133877478527_thumb.jpg

OK, don't beat yourself up about them, we all have to start somewhere. The first two appear to be way out of focus, the third one is a lot better in that respect. DSLR is not the number 1 choice for imaging planets because of the size - for planets a webcam will be better as it covers a smaller area (an alternative - stacking barlow lenses - would be prohibitively expensive and reduce image quality too much).

Where your DSLR will really pay dividends is with clusters and other large objects. For starters, try taking some shots around Cygnus (presuming you are Northern hemisphere) - you will get loads'n'loadsa stars in shots like that.

Keep on going with the imaging ... it is a steep learning curve, but the results will be worth it.

HTH

Keep at it oakwell it is such a rewarding activty.I've been waiting getting on 40 years to be able to image the planets and have just started getting reasonable results so don't give up.Read up as much as you can about imaging in SGL and other sources and just keep practicing and be patient.

You need a "nosepiece" that replaces the lens and fits where the eyepiece usually goes.

Your camera should give nice pictures of the whole moon (webcam would again give more detailed view)

Actually, thinking about it, there is a process called EYEPIECE PROJECTION, which would enable you to get better pics of the planets with your DSLR. Don't actually know a lot about it myself, but maybe someone on SGL does ... or maybe googling it would help.

Archived