IT'S A LONGITUDE/LATITUDE THING!

hi all!!!

as you are about to relise i am a total newbie to something that has facinated me since childhood and have finnally at the tender age of 33 decided to stop just laying in the garden staring at the stars at get a bit closer and am now the proud owner of a SkyWatcher Explorer 130P SynScan AZ GOTO 130mm Reflector Telescope.party05.gif

But heres the snag!

And i'm probably being a prat so sorry,it seems i can program a 100+ channel lighting desk at work but not a chinese telescope.

where i live in the uk postcode KT20 my coordinate is

lat 51

lon -0

the scope won't have any of it,the display on the synscan reads like this 123 04'w 49 09'n do i need to convert it somehow?

your help would make me and the kids very happy and please feel free to laugh as much as you like as i have a sneaky suspition i'm being a thickie.

You need to convert to ° (degrees) ' (minutes) and " (seconds). You may not need seconds!

Latitude And Longitude Lookup

This site (among others does the conversion.

On Google maps find your location and zoom in. Right click your location and click "whats here?" the decimal Long and Lat will appear in the search bar. Copy and paste these into the converter and job done!

Archived