Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pier Build

dazza1639

The bad weather is my fault guys. I've just picked up the pier plates to finish off the pier. As soon as I bolted them down levelled them and mounted the Orbit wedge down came the rain. I don't suppose that having some ADM MDS Rings, Camera Bracket and Counter Weights delivered from FLO helped either. I'll post some finished setup pics if it ever stops raining.

Sorry about the clouds

Darren

The pier pipe is a 160mm Ø pvc underground drainage pipe from Tool Station.

The pier is currently to tall as I oversized it so that when I build the observatory over it the floor level should give me a comfortable viewing height while still having a clear view of polaris over the house and warm room. To determin this I just drew it out in CAD. If it ends up still being to big its always easier to cut concrete down than add more to it if its too short. If I did it again I would probably go for a 225Ø pipe at this length as I can induce a bit of vibration if I strike it. If it beomes a problem I will just get some 300Ø or 450Ø pvc manhole rings place them over the pier & foundations and fill them with concrete.

Regards

Archived