NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellarium installation help....

drummerp

Hi All,

I've been using Stellarium for a couple of years but haven't yet installed it onto my Toshiba laptop that has windows 7.

I've just tried to install the program several times however, everytime I open the program its all in goberly goop laungage lots of ooooooooo and ----000-0--0|||\\\--00-0-0

I cant seam to instal the program in standard english. I've never had this problem before so am a bit confused.

is it Windows 7 ????

Please help !!

Cheers

Neil

This might sound a bit daft but try a lower version, say 0.10.3 or 0.10.4

Also make sure you have the very latest drivers for your graphics card, dont trust windowz for it, if you know what the card is do a net search for the driver on the manufacturers site.

This might sound a bit daft but try a lower version, say 0.10.3 or 0.10.4

Also make sure you have the very latest drivers for your graphics card, dont trust windowz for it, if you know what the card is do a net search for the driver on the manufacturers site.

Still the same after downloading the older versions.

Unsure how to check or download the latest drivers?

Sorry not on my win7 machine at the moment, but on the program group there is an open-gl or non-open-gl running option. Try running that, rather than the default...

/callump

(sorry just realised Cornelius suggested this - certainly worth a try if you have not done so yet, though)

Archived