Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Bubble in HA using DSLR

tooth_dr

Yet another clear night with the Moon out, someone must have know I'd just bought an H-a filter lol!

Imaging: SW 250px / Modified Canon 1000d

Guiding: SW EQ6 Pro / SW ED80 Pro / Mono Toucam

Filters/Correctors: Baader MPCC, Astronomik 12nm HA

Exposures: 27 x 600s / ISO1600 / Darks / Flats / Bias

Something doesn't look completely right to me, focus was spot on using bahnitov mask, so maybe guiding wasn't good or the sky was a bit misty perhaps? All subs look a little soft to me?

NGC7635-web1.jpg

Thanks for looking

Adam

Nadeen that is 100 times better than any of my efforts! Thanks for that!

Peter - good question. I just converted to 16bit on CS2, then deleted the G and B channels, then converted to greyscale and processed. Wrong?

Looking back at the Autosave###.html files that I have for the mono Ha images it looks like I used standard stacking with Lights , Flats and Bias and then took the R channel fromthe RGTB to make the mono image...

With my filter there was some "signal" form the Ha in the green channel as well as the stars with the blue only having the stars...

Peter...

Make sure the channels window is visible (Window - Channels)

then select just the red channel - click on it in the channel window - it should be highlighted in blue

then select all (Ctrl -A)

then File New (Ctrl - N)

then paste in the red channel (Ctrl -V)

Finally flatten the image (Layer - Flatten Image)

Archived