Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Big thanks to JohnInDerby

Just like to thank John for all his help with my lumpy Crayford dual speed! I got a 2nd hand ZS80II, upon playing with it (when i got home) i noticed the focuser had 'lumpy' or sticky play in the draw tube, so me being me, paniced! lol

Anyways after a little research i read that this is common especially with WO Focusers, i read a GREAT post that John had made so felt i should contact him for more info as i was a little apprehensive about taking my baby (scope) to pieces. Well John was very helpful and was even willing to do it for me if i struggled, but i had good instruction and John was very speedy with his replies.

So now, i have a great, smooth focuser and im very very pleased with it! ;)

So thanks John for all your time and effort

All the best

Eddy

• 4 years later...

johninderby does not post much on here these days but does look in on forum from time to time so you could send him a personal message (PM) and perhaps he will see it next time he is on the forum.

Beyond that we can't help I'm afraid.

I have sent him a few pm on here and cloudynights. and i know there have been sevrral threads regarding similar skytee2 enquiries. He has done an excellent mod with adding the motors and far as i can tell its the only one done in the world. I am sure he will reply in due course. But if somonehas other means of contactimg him that would be appreciqted.

Archived