Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Test shot of new OTA (Borg 77ED)

Tim

I acquired a used Borg 77ED some time ago, as it should be a good match with my underused QHY8.

I took some test shots with it the other night, albeit under a bright full moon which wasn't ideal. Didn't use flats, which are vital really, so the image has some artifacts of the background extraction from Pixinsight, but I think the combination shows some promise. I shall be using it at star parties hopefully, and maybe at home alongside the main OTA in the obsy for some widefield shots.

Here's a few 900sec shots stacked of the veil complex, it just about squeezes into the fov. Cropped the edges slightly to tidy them.

Cheers

Tim

post-14037-133877475015_thumb.jpg

And another, M45 this time. The moonlight really makes it tricky to gather the dusty regions, but at least something came through, looking forward to a dark sky on this one.

post-14037-133877475054_thumb.jpg

Archived