Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fireball in the sky

Abernus

Hi all,

Just got off the phone to my mother who saw a fireball in the sky. She lives in the North East England not too far from Durham. It was at 21:00 she saw a very bright with a firey trail travelling very fast from West to East. We have very thick cloud cover at the moment and this was below the cloud cover. Not long after seeing this the flames went out and the object was still travelling at great speed but was now a visable grey object.

Has anyone got any ideas of what this could of been. My mother says is was way too fast to be a hot air balloon or Chinese sky lantern.

Thanks

Could generally have been a meteor. The amount that hit the earth every year or pass close enough to see is quite surprising, probably in the hundreds of thousands.

I see moving lights quite often in my scope that look very star-like, as in they don't have flashing lights, just a single white light that moves across my field of vision, but are probably either planes flying very high up, or satellites.

Archived