NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Having diffuculy locating

hi i am Having diffuculy locating things to look at in the sky, the moon i can find easily enough, but having problems with everything else especially jupiter, my finder scope is not properly lined up no matter how hard we tried we couldnt get it, so i was wongering if there is any tips for locating objects:confused::D:confused::):confused::)

Line up your finder in daylight on a distant object a couple of miles away (e.g. top of a church steeple, pylon, radio mast, etc).

Then at night - when the object is off center in telescope eye piece - center it and then make minor adjustments to the finder to center that as well and you're set :D

Oh - use a low power ep initially (e.g. 25-30mm). You can refine at night with progressively higher power ep's to get it spot on for dso's.

Yes i have an iphone, i have a couple of different apps to tell you where things are but they are say different things so really confused lol, i'll try again with the view finder thou , thanks for all your answers

Archived