Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Iris Nebula in CLS

NickH

Whilst (tum tee tum) awaiting the release of the EFW2...I am stuck with a narrowband set of filters in the wheel, and a CLS filter. So, here's the Iris Nebula, NGC 7023 using the Astronomik CLS.

TMB105 F6.2

Atik 314L

EQ6 mount/guided by PHD

EQMOD control

DSI-C Guide

post-14410-133877472674_thumb.jpg

Unusual combo Nick, but you have picked up loads of the faint stuff, and in just 5 min subs I am surprised, nicely done :D

I must say, having an 8 slot filter wheel really has proved useful, just dont forget to refocus between filters, (unless your OTA has perfect colour correction).

Will you be travelling to Kelling? Be sure to come over for coffee if so, red pitch 328

Thanks TJ

The ATIK EFW1 has H-A, OIII, SII, HB and CLS filters in at present. The EFW2 will swap the CLS for R, G and B (with the extra positions), giving me hopefully a full suite.

As for the focus, hence my thread on robotic focus for the scope elsewhere, which if I can tie in to FWHM analysis would be very neat..

I am not at Kelling, wifey is due to pop on baby 2.0 soon...so have done with my star parties for this year, but thanks for the invite mate, and hope you have a fantastic time

All the best for the newcomer then Nick, at least you have somewhere to hide from the melee from time to time, another good thing about having an obsy :D

What about a Luminance filter??

For L channel, I typically go RRGB. CLS is to help on the LP (not much here, but it helps all the same), it's just logistics with the current wheel setup, and the fact that Atik don't support two wheels on one computer...which is annoying as that's what I really wanted to do, giving 10 positions, to including wideband CaK for solar with the TMB. Then it could have been CLS/R,G,B,HA,OIII,SII,HB,Clear (Filter 1 as a pass through) and Baader CaK

Archived