Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Astronomy Club

Blackheart

Hi all

I'm setting up an astronomy club in our village with our first meeting in two weeks time. Now that I have finally got round to it I am starting to wonder exactly what we will do in our meetings :D! I do have some ideas about a basic structure and some activities, but I was wondering if you guys might have some suggestions... activites or ideas that worked for your club.

Cheers

BH

Main thing to do is organise a regular dark site for observing to keep people interested. You can do talks and guest speakers but you'll need a venue and a schedule of interesting topics and a lot of forward planning - hope that helps :D

Hi BH, I'd say get as many members as you can to get involved. Talks, demonstrating

astro kit, members images, an astronomy quiz, observing events ( you will need a

back up strategy for cloudy evenings ! ) outside speakers, are all ways to fill club

meetings.

Presumably you have somewhere to meet ! You will need a secretary, chairman,

treasurer etc.

Good luck, Ed.

I'm setting up an astronomy club in our village with our first meeting in two weeks time. Now that I have finally got round to it I am starting to wonder exactly what we will do in our meetings ! I do have some ideas about a basic structure and some activities, but I was wondering if you guys might have some suggestions... activites or ideas that worked for your club.

Fairly obvious but state where the village is.:):D:D:D

For all I/we know it is close and help could be supplied.:):rolleyes:

The more people that are aware of it the more might get along, SGL or otherwise.:D:icon_confused:

So the more you get the information out there the better chance you have.

Archived