Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Your going to need a bigger scope...

boboco

Yep. It will alter the tides, the weather and life in general. But put into perspective my friend we will all be long gone when it's just 4km further away(1000 years). Considering it's 400,000km away I would say that's small beer.

It takes the moon 7 1/2 years to move the length of a 30cm ruler away from us. :D

Nevermind the moon getting closer, the star Gliese 710 in Serpens is getting closer.

Its going to get so close that its actually going to enter our solar system...... in like 1.5 million years. Which sounds like a long time, but the KT boundary when the dinosaurs went extinct was 65 million years ago.

Geologically speaking this thing is entering our solar system next week!

:)

But the whole universe is expanding so it fits in with that anyway.

Well, maybe. Quite honestly the jury's out. There are many many astrophysicists who say that dark matter is a bodge to make the maths work and that dark energy is just as made up. (oh don't get me started...) :)

WHAT? Getting closer? Run for the hills! :D

:)

EDIT: And Gliese 710 will "approach" within 1.1 light years in within 1.4 million years. 1.1 light years is 70,000 AU. This means that it could interefere with the Oort cloud (50,000 AU out) and not in our solar system. It won't enter our solar system just flirt with it a bit.

Nevermind the moon getting closer, the star Gliese 710 in Serpens is getting closer.

Its going to get so close that its actually going to enter our solar system...... in like 1.5 million years. Which sounds like a long time, but the KT boundary when the dinosaurs went extinct was 65 million years ago.

Geologically speaking this thing is entering our solar system next week!

No way, that's pretty cool. So when it does approach, does that mean the outer, colder planets like Neptune and Saturn along with their possibly inhabitable moons will 'warm'? Could be an interesting future and I for one plan to live forever :D

Archived