Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Scope arrived

Well i got my Star Travel today from mike at BCNF it's in fantastic condition and was excellently packed. A fast transaction aswell money arrived at his end on the wednesday got the scope friday..

The scope has a solar filter behind the lens cap (solar paper/foil)cant say as i trust it though as i spotted 3 pin hole's in it when placing near a 100 watt bulb.......

The weight of the scope is unreal like a feather compared to even the skywatcher 70mm refractor f/10. Scope itself is a helios/Skywatcher so it' in the nice black colour that i used to have with the helios explorer also looks good with the C6-R.

I will give a report later in the week on the scope..

James :)

This set up is ultra stable, i normally would use the C6-R and thats pretty stable too. Getting my drives tommorow for the CG-5 mount duel axis... I will attempt to use the ST102 with a astro 3 mount of which is arriving tommorow too(thanks russ).

Dont know if this is normal about the ST102 But the Dew shiled is black felt lined any thought's people? not complaining:)..

James :)

lol :)

Are you planning on putting the new scope to work tonight James? Got to admit that I'm too tired & have an early start at work to unbutton the hatches. Seems such a waste of a clear night - but there'll be others, I guess.

• 6 years later...

Archived