Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M101 The Pinwheel Galaxy

ashworthacca

Last night I managed to get out for an hour or so before the clouds rolled in so had an attempt at M101. This was taken with my Canon 1000d, 8 lights and 2 darks, 600secs at ISO800. I think it was guided, I say that because I'm not convinced. I'll come back to this later.

Anyway, here is the image which I hope to add at least another couple of hours to.

4904119484_c34630e8a9_z.jpg

M101 The Pinwheel Galaxy by ashworthacca, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.:)

M101 really eats up imaging time but its well worth it... Nice FOV and a good start... Have a look at the free Hasta LA Vista Green Plugin for photoshop...

Peter...

You recommended this to me before but couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called......I'll download it now and run the image through it.

Thanks Peter:D

Hiya martin I tried getting a few subs of this in Salisbury, only managed 3 and my battery ran out on the camera, I was using 5 min subs and got any hardly detail! don't know how long it will take for me to make a decent image but yours is coming along nicely sir!

I reckon I'm going to need another couple of hours at least with this so hoping for some more clear nights. I don't use a battery in my camera, use a power adapter that I got from Astronomiser that runs off my Leisure Battery.:)

Good luck with your image and lets have a look when you have a bit more to play with.

Archived