Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hutech's answer to the EOS clip-ins the MFA

Psychobilly

Just had a reply from SCS-Astro about the Hutech Clip-ins...

They now have the MFA - Multi Filter Adaptor...

This is a ring which fits inside the mirror box which is held i n place by a screw and cost £50 and then special low profile 37mm filters get held in the ring... The IDAS P2 Variant is £149... other filters are available in this fitting...

Still cant use EF-S lenses just EF or "compatible" third party ones

Waiting for a reply on Delivery and the availability of another filter The LPS-V4 before ordering...

post-14969-133877471085_thumb.jpg

http://www.sciencecenter.net/hutech/idas/filtplt.htm

http://www.sciencecenter.net/hutech/idas/lpsv4.htm

Pity they stopped doing this...

http://www.sciencecenter.net/hutech/filters/ffilter.htm

Peter...

So they are nearly twice as expensive and still only do the same job as the clip in's?

Ai unfortunately...

But give me an IDAS P2 over an Astronomik CLS anyday (my personal experience having used both under my LP)...

Front element filters from Hutrech would cost mega bucks for the lenses I am using would need them up to 77mm diameter .. so this is the cost effective way of having the filtering i want with all my lenses in one go...

Peter...

yes...

And you dont want to look at the price of the larger Hutech filters...

Oh go one then...

Hutech Light Pollution Filter LPS-31.7£138.00 + £5.75 shipping & insurance

Hutech Light Pollution Filter LPS-48£188.00 + £5.75 shipping & insurance

Hutech Light Pollution Filter LPS-48 SCT£227.00 + £5.75 shipping & insurance

Hutech Light Pollution Filter LPS-52£188.00 + £5.75 shipping & insurance

Hutech Light Pollution Filter LPS-72£307.00 + £8.00 shipping & insurance

Hutech Light Pollution Filter LPS-77£327.00 + £8.00 shipping & insurance

Hutech Light Pollution Filter LPS-82£347.00 + £8.00 shipping & insurance

Just had a look myself, at a tad over £200 from TS I will hopefully be able to get one in a few weeks time. It'd be nice to compare the two together to see what they can do. Looking forward to seeing some images Peter, any chance you can do similar shots with both filters just to see whats going on?

• 1 month later...

Hi - I've only just found this thread...

I'm in need of some form of Light Pollution Reduction/suppression filter and whilst I know I'll need to save up for a good one, the Astronimik EOS clip and Hutech IDAS seem pretty much top of the list.

Whilst looking around, it seemed as though Hutech also do an IDAS LPS EOS clip (as well as a 2"), but if I'm reading the first post here correctly, do I take it that this "multi filter adapter" is basically a "blank" EOS clip, into which you can then mount a low profile Hutech 37mm filter (ie LPS or any other?).

Although obviously still relatively expensive the first time (clip + filter = £200), it would appear that, in the longer run, this would be cheaper than buying either additional clip-ins or additional 2" filters...?

Again, if I'm reading this right, is there anywhere that sells this "multi filter adapter"?

Archived