Celestron 8SE

Hi all

Quick Question New(Celestron 8SE)Put together 10 mins

Playing with Hand Control 3 hrs , not thick re this type of thing usually, Decided its not user friendly/Manual is left wanting ,

That lets me off the hook !!

ANY INFO on this dear little handset before i attack it, or maybe have another assault on it tomorrow .

Next

Does the 8SE need to be motored around Alt/Azi or can you move it by hand if so desired (ime thinking of the little cogs wheels etc ) that may not take too kindly to being pushed around.

Take Care you lot Alonso

Hi Alonso

RE the moving by hand...I must admit I have done it occasionally on my 8SE BUT definitely not supposed to!!

What specifically were you having problems with on the handset? Let me know and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction (though I haven't used the Nexstar mount for a while).

Rich

My that was quick,

well i was expecting to @ least set it to London if it doesnt show out the sticks Cullompton,

Ive got usa or time zones UTC

do i need to set coordinates 52 deg n 4.8 west or the like

Set up time site Whats that ? its now 1840 (its showing 1704) ? and ive reset it 3 times

I get cordwrap or a Star name come up when i want menu

that sort of thing

(Navigating the handset is my problem really)

its not so easy as my iphone !! Ha but unlike the iphone its not crashed yet

Alonso

Hi Alonso

Get your exact coordinates from your phone, sat nav or google maps and enter degrees minutes and seconds as suggested.

Enter the exact time and then select the correct time zone dayl. Saving etc.. Please note that the se does not save time, this has to be entered every time u align or power up.

Then choose 2 star align, 3 star is problematic and isn't essential, align as instructed and all should be ok.

Are u running on battery power or mains?

Get power supply ASAP

Good one here ...

13.8V Regulated Mains Power Units : Bench Power Supplies : Maplin

Higher Amps = longer viewing.

Thats what I was advised to get fro my 6se and it works a treat.

Batteries give such poor supply that even if you get it aligned chances are the batteries will drain and the scope will not track well and will become less accurate for GOTO functions.

Get power supply ASAP

Good one here ...

13.8V Regulated Mains Power Units : Bench Power Supplies : Maplin

Higher Amps = longer viewing.

Thats what I was advised to get for my 6se and it works a treat.

Batteries give such poor supply that even if you get it aligned chances are the batteries will drain and the scope will not track well and will become less accurate for GOTO functions.

Oh heck.. double post.. - sorry

CPC doing a 17.2 ah power supply for about £33 - 3 12vdc outputs, compressor, lights and jump leads.

As for the 8se, I had its smaller brother the 6se which is exactly trhe same handset. What are you having trouble with exactly?

Archived