Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good Night and Clear Sky's

J.Stowe

Well tonight (13/08/10)

I had clear sky's for the first time in day's, so i got my Skywatcher Exp 130 out and was hoping to see somr planets (as normal) but i really wanted to go deeper.

So with my best friend (Stellarium) i went hunting for clusters and double star's, but i thought to try my scope and basic skills out and try my best to find 1 galaxy.

I found 2 galaxys which was NGC6207 at 23.25hrs then Andromeda at 01.55hrs.

So i am well happy with myself now i am thinking upgrading my scope to spme thing bigger. but that will be a different story.

Well time for bed now

John

I'm glad you eventually found clear skies. I bet you saw M13 a globular cluster instead of Ngc6207. Through your scope the cluster would appear like a smudge so easy to get confused, Ngc6207 is very small and dim and I doubt visible in a 5" newtonian.

On the other hand M31 is awesome, I bet you loved it.

There's a lot of good Clusters out just now all within a small region of Cassiopeia NGC457 NGC654 NGC663 NGC659 NGC869 NGC884 and my fav the double cluster IC1805 IC1848 your scope should pick these up no prob,s. Besides Orion this is my fave bit of sky

Archived