NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC-7094

qcdougn

Hi Gang, It's been almost 2-months since I've been outside with the scope and camera gear. Here's a guick 20-min. go at a new, faint target that I found on the Skyhound web site. This is approx. 30@40 sec. ISO 1600 with the Canon XT and LX-90 @f6.3.

I appologize for the noisy photo. But, this target is tough...An hour exposure would do this well. However, I had to trust my scope and was pleased with the GoTo of my LX-90. You can't tell this one is in the fov until you process the stack.

The Skyhound says:

"NGC 7094 is a fine planetary nebula located just a few degrees away from the exquisite globular cluster M15. This relatively old planetary has been glimpsed in scopes as small as 8-inches with an OIII or UHC filter in place. Look for a faint, roundish haze surrounding a 13th magnitude central star."

Doug Neal

Ahh, much better with the darker background. It kind of looks like a holloween ghost head with eyes now...Ha...

Maybe I'll catch more subs of this one another time....The skyhound uses an 18" dob most of the time. So, his targets are usually small and need a light bucket to catch.

Thanks for the nice edit...

Doug

Archived