NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fantastic

valleyman

Had a good night here last night. Was determind to get up close to M13 and seperate some of those stars. Slowly built up to a 6mm with Barlow on a 2023mm focal length. (Someone tell me the magnification for that please) was a fantastic sight. Gave up counting when reached 650,453 stars. Moved onto the Dumbell and had my best view of that. M10 &12....then got lost in the Milky way, before calling it a night..............Thank you God

Don't thank god :D

Glad you had nice views mate, I'm up here in Ebbw and although it was reasonably clear, I was too busy being tired and impulse purchasing....so as you can guess, new scope on the way and some clouds to suit, no doubt, sorry >..<

Glad you had a good nite, I've not spent much time out lately, in a viewing capacity anyhow, have used most my time attempting to capture some images of Andromeda :) Which has been reasonably successful so far, can't wait to get more time in.

x670 if the Barlow was x2. Blimey, you really jacked it up Pat.

Your optics must be superb, and the seeing cooperated too.

Yopui must have had a rtare experience mate. Well done.

What's it like deep inside M13?

Ron.:)

Had a go last night, and had a look at Jupiter - saw two bands on the planet. The seeing was poor however. Also the dew started to creep in... I tried to find Uranus, but my goto was off so I had no luck there.

The reason my goto was off was because the battery in my red dot finder has gone flat. I suppose I should consider myself lucky I managed to find even Jupiter with the narrow field of view of a Mak with no finder to help me!

Maybe I rely too much on electric gadgets - perhaps I should invest in an optical finder.

Archived