hello from sunny Swansea

ScruffyOne

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW. thanks for the welcome folks! I don't have a scope yet, (I'm currently trawling through all the reviews and previous 'help' posts so you wont have to answer the same question constantly) but i hope to get one very soon. As soon as funds allow!

Hi Daryl, excellent, thanks for the link. I live about 10 minutes from some nice dark skies on Pennard cliffs (I grew up there)

@mark7331 I havent really made my mind up yet, budget is a big factor. My two choices at the moment are either the skywatcher explorer 130M or the skyliner 150P Dob. Gonna have to wait till around november though, should just plought through all the advisory posts by then!

Theres quite a bit of nocturnal activity in the carparks at Southgate these days...:)

It really upsets thr regulars when you take the prime spot in the fornt of the carpark to set your scopes up...:D

Peter...

HAHAA, so i've heard. I grew up by Hunts Bay on Westcliff (if you know it, its about half a mile from the shop on the roundabout). I enjoyed many very dark nights growing up when I didnt properly appreciate it. I had to move to Gowerton about 6 years ago and swapped silent, pitch black nights for boy racers and ridiculous light pollution :) oh well, my lottery numbers must come up eventually!

Archived