Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

There's NO pleasing SOME people.

Tonight i showed my mother and my 19 yr old nephew my new 70mm Celestron Travelscope.

They have both seen my 90EQ and SW Heritage 130P scopes and were kind of impressed.

When they set eye on my Travelscope 70 they said such things as "Is that it?", "It Is a bit blumming SMALL", "How much did you pay for it?".

I am biding my time. When (if) the clouds finally go away i will invite them both to have a look through it and then let them bitch at me.

I bought it mainly to take on overseas trips with me. Other then that it will be put to great use at home for birding and general wildlife observing.

Yes it will get a few nights out in the garden observing the night skies.

I am just happy in my mind that i have a family that needs converting to worshiping the night skies.

My mother is half way there. She can already pick out many of the autumn/winter constellations with the naked eye.

you got it for travelling Paul

as you say a change from binoculars.

if your happy with it thats all that matters.

you want to have my mother,she still thinks bread is 50p

and gives you that to get one.lol

have a great holiday. hope you get clear skies. ;o)

Don't let the words of the unconverted bother you Paul - they know not what they say :)

Anyway - it looks like a nice little scope. I'm thinking about picking up one myself.

Perhaps you could report back your views after your holiday?

Have a good time. :D

Clear skies.

Mark

Archived