NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Goto operation

Following my plans to replace my EQ3-2 with a CG5 or even a HEQ5, I was reduced to a goto upgrade for my existing mount after my cars MOT failure pretty much wiped out the proceeds from the sale of my motorbike.:mad:

Anyway not to be downhearted, I've set everything up and the handset seems to be initialising ok and displaying the alignment menu.

The problem is that the directional buttons are not operating the motors either installed or free standing, not a flicker, nothing.

It's highly likely I'm doing something wrong but I would appreciate some input from anyone who had the same experience.

Perhaps the alignment procedure needs to be followed before those buttons become active. The scope should be in a home position which you do manually, not via buttons. Then follows the UNPARK, then star alignment. I think:confused:

Someone who knows what they are talking about will be along soon to explain it properly.

Ron.

Yep certainly does :mad: the handset can be run standalone to browse the catalogs...

Are we allowed to ask silly questions...

Like where did you plug the power supply in...? It should go into the drive electronics box and not the bottom of the handset...

Peter...

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up,

I spoke to James and Martin at FLO and straight away they sent me a replacement goto which unfortunately is displaying the same error message.

I've returned both units to FLO and I'm waiting for new stock to arrive, in the mean time James is going to check the units as I am surprised that 2 units should both be faulty.

Honestly I suspect user error on my part but I just can't think what I might have been doing wrong.

Archived