NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Have u seen the size of my telescope

Well cor blimey mate , ,hmmm i tell ya , set this giant up yesterday , first off getting the finder scope all set up with the scope , then put the Longitude and latitude details in , got it balanced nicely , then found out it was pointing South , as i wanted it North for a trial run , no prob i thought just lift it up and swing it around , ((gulp )) wont budge !! hells bells , gradually shuffled it around to the north puffing and panting , *beep* this for a game of Soldiers , gonna have to build a small obs for it , now way can i keep assembling this every time , anyway gave it a run through , it was still daylight , but i knew where the alignment stars should be , just as i thought it would , the scope slewed around smooth as silk, and i would say pretty well spot on , EQ6 handled that big lump with no effort.

the new version of skysan seemed more user friendly , a few more functions , and also the scroll keys in a different place made all the difference , also has a function for " Pointing Accuracy Enhancement" this enables the go-to to be more accurate. although i must say the EQ6 has always been spot on so far .another feature is the ability to update the syscan Firmware, a nice feature is that , to be able to keep it all up to date.

So this it it for a while if i have afew clear nights , ??? what ya laughing at !!! i shall give it a good test and a few trial images , until then , WATCH THIS SPACE .

image.jpg

Rog

and totally broke

well maybe not :rolleyes::D

walks away m, Hmmmm now what can i buy next!!!!!! OH YEA NOW THAT REMINDS ME :D

Archived