NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Storage case for my scope?

Hi folksies.....

After recently purchasing my Skyscanner 200P I'm now looking for a storage case/box to keep it in.

Some of you folks were able to offer me top advise about purchasing the scope so I'm not turning to you again to see what you would recommend for this.

My scope is not a permanent set up and gets carried into and out of the house every time it is used.

Any thoughts?

Alan.

Do you want a carry bag for the scope or something to store it in in the house ?

I have a Geooptick softbag for the scope to transport it but the house it lives inside a blanket box I bought to keep the scope in and a few other bits. Infortunately the box was aboyt an 1" too short to fit the tripod in but any bigger and the box wouldnt have fitted in the bit of the room we had set aside for it.

Hers a pic of the box with the SW200 tube in it, the HEQ5 mount head in a case, torches, PSUs and other odds and ends.

Didnt modify the box as the scope sits on its dovetail inside.

post-14805-133877463058_thumb.jpg

Well Astro Baby , That is a most tasteful timber telescope box :)

Real 'outside the box' thinking . Wood is so tactile .

Having an engineering secondary education I tend to think 'tool box' , B&Q & Stanley !

Len E

Its too heavy though to be portable - it wasn't bought with portability in mind. Basically my partner got fed up with the 200 sitting in the lounge and demanded something better. So we bought a TAL 100RS on a wooden tripod as the 'lounge' scope which is realy there to make a bare corner a bit more interesting and the 200 got bought a nice wooden box to keep it out of the way :)

Wow.......Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Was looking for something that could be lifted to transport the scope and stuff around when moving it outside. Something along the lines of a disused case for a guided missile, perhaps?

Seriously though. Been looking around B&Q and also EvilBay. Just wondered if anyone on here knew of something that is already being used.

Astro_babe....just love that box for inside storage. Very classy....;-)

Alan.

How about fitting out a storage trunk, such as one from Storage Trunks?

They make them in a variety of sizes & finishes and have useful options such as wheels for dragging them around. I got one to store my 8" LX90 and have been very happy with it.

Archived