Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ISS - Do you live near Leatherhead?

Shibby

Was just playing around in Stellarium and noticed the ISS passes close to the moon for me this evening, but if you live in Leatherhead it will pass right in-front of it at 19:08.

Too bright still for it to be seen in the sky at 7pm, but I wonder if you'd be able to see it in silhouette against the moon? Or would it appear a similar brightness to the moon?

Sorry to hijack but where can i find the codes to add things like ISS to the script for Stellarium? I added the recent comet as someone pasted the code on a thread here somewhere but is there a site that has a list of other 'add-able' objects?

I was driven to the point of giving up astronomy by the weather because I was into things such as eclipses and occultations.

The worst was an occultation of Saturn my the moon in a perfectly clear sky. At the point of contact a single cloud appeared and obscured it.

I took it as a sign and not bothered since because I can't handle the frustration.

Martyn.

Likewise - I never saw;

Hale Bopp (clouds),

never saw Halleys Comet (clouds),

the partial eclipse in Devon (clouds),

last lord knows how many perseids (clouds, rain and light pollution)

I did get to see Mars transit the Bee Hive but only cos I didnt know it was taking place.

I suspect a bit of Zen comes into it - stop loooking for it and you'll find it :eek:

These days whenever someone says 'oooh theres an astro event' I just assume it will be cloudy and dont pay it much mind.

Sorry to hijack but where can i find the codes to add things like ISS to the script for Stellarium? I added the recent comet as someone pasted the code on a thread here somewhere but is there a site that has a list of other 'add-able' objects?

http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/108876-am-i-just-daft.html

Says how on the link above.

Archived