NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hotec

Robert Watson

What a difference a hotec makes,

I've just bought a hotec collimator from FLO (many thank's to Steve for getting it to me so quick) ordered it on Wed afternoon arrived Fri morning.I thought my 10" Dob was well collimated untill i put the Hotec on it was well out,Put the Hotec on played around with it for 5 min's perfect.My next door neighbour live's about a 1/4 mile away he has a JCB Machine in his garden im able to see the writing on the back of the seat, that,s what i call perfect. Took the dob out last night eveything was 100% better even got a brill view of ISS at 12.05 as it moved away to the S.E.

Now I've got a Next Generation laser collimator which i bought a few months ago but it needs collimated so im going to give it away to somone on SGL( Just cover the postage). Just tell me why you think you should have it and it could be your's:)

It may not be cheap but the Hotech simply works as advertised and makes collimation so easy. I find that the cross hair beam really helps when you're looking at the collimator from the back of the scope.

John

hi rob.....congrats on the new collimator...also read that you were giving away your old one to a worthy cause.....well as a newbie I am franticly trying to piece together all the things i will need to enhance my viewing before the long nights set in and a collimnator tool for my 10"newt is high on the list!..Its only been set by eye up to now and I know thats tragic but my scope was my 50th pressie and being new I am on a steep and semi costly learning curve....so...am I worthy.....how about...losing my hair...failing eyesight...bad back and no pension to look forward to....other than that.....1st dibs...pleeeeeese! Ray

Archived