Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lining a Newtonian OTA

Moonshane

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheers Simon

I think you (and another person earlier today) has convinced me I should just stick with my 12" for now. at least this will give me time to get together my 'ultimate' eyepiece collection.

hope you sell yours soon - it's a really nice scope.

Thats amazing! I just put the scope back on it's mount to balance and collimate. I balanced the scope and went to do the collimation and apart from one minor tweak on the primary, it was in alignment...what are the odds on that?

As long as you are careful and gentle, you can get the secondary out and in again without too much of a need to collimate, just measure how much thread is showing on each of the spider veins where they meet the adjuster nuts at the edge of the OTA, then when you put it back try and get the same amount of thread showing and you will be so close to centre only a tweak or two will get it centred.

Archived