Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stockport Binocular and Telescope Centre

kidlands

After a heads up from stafford_stargazer (thanks Gary) about a second hand Meade 10" lightbridge, I managed to scrape together the money to buy it from Stockport Binocular and Telescope Centre. Spoke to a guy called Rick who was very helpful. The scope arrived on time and packed as though fresh from the factory. Rick even replaced the red dot finder batteries without me asking, nice gesture thanks Rick.

I am now the proud owner of a Meade 10" lightbridge I am amongst the big (ish) boys now :D.

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

Ok where to start....?

FLO

Good Service from FLO if only I was as organised I would have done my bit for FLO by now. I was after a dew shield and spent days harrassing Martin at FLO with all my questions on Dew Shields (sad I know). Martin was a great help and I like the email/web ticketing system that they use. I got loads of good advice which led to me using them. Ordered and Items arrived a few days later. Thanks Guys :D

Harrison Telescopes / Telescope House

Another great supplier with good prices. I have ordered 5 or 6 times from Harrison and had great service everytime. Sometimes they don't have the item so it comes from Telescope House but either way my items arrives in a day or two. I also like the Paypal payments :p

Opticstar

Again I had great service and mega prompt replies to my emails. 1:30am Sunday Night / Monday morning for one reply. Peter was very helpful. I ordered my scope and it arrived next day. Spot on :(

Scopes 'n Skies

I only ordered a couple of small items as they were the only place I can get them. Took about a week for them to send out but I got them and they were exactly what I was after. I have read some people have had issues with them but my experience was ok and I would use them again as I want some more Bolt Cases.

Stockport Binoculars and Telescope Centre

I got an Eyepiece and Barlow from their Ebay store fantastic saved £25 over their website price so was exstatic. Items were sent promptly and I will definatly use again as was a really smooth transaction and great price.

Thats about it for now.

I guess I have been really lucky and had good experiences with all the suppliers that I chose to use. The revies on here really helped me aswell.

Clear Skies!

Fija

• 1 month later...

I'd just like to offer my thanks to Rick and Tony at Stockport Binocular & Telescope Centre.

As some of you may know I've had some problems with my Skywatcher Explorer 150P. There were awful diffraction problems caused either by the clips or the primary edge (still none of use have any clear idea what is causing it).

Despite having the scope since Feb 5th, Rick, Tony and Colin have been going to great lengths to analyse my images, make suggestions and try to solve the issue. Yesterday Rick game me his home e-mail address and was still analysing my images on his day off!

Today, after still not being able to offer a cure (many suggestions have been made, from mirror clip edge, primary edge problem to even condensation of the secondary) Rick offered to exchange the scope for a new one.

Hopefully I'll be able to give it first light tonight but there are some awful convective clouds rolling in from the west.

Hopefully this will solve the problem, but even if it doesn't Rick still insisted I retain the new scope so he can keep working on the old one, purely so he can give expert advice to anyone else should they have the same problem.

A great dealer that has restored my faith in retailers in general.

I can recommend them without any hesitation whatsoever, as the after sales care is second to none.

• 4 months later...

I was in need of a binocular centre pivot tripod clamp and a quick web search turned up an Opticron item at SBTC.

Unsure as to whether it would fit I rang the shop and they took one out of its packaging and measured it for it.

Having ascertained it would they said it would in the post the same day, and this was at 2.00pm.

I rang them back 20 minutes later to add some Baader Solar Film to the order.

Items arrived less than 24 hours later. Postage and handling charge £1.00

Great service and very pleasant and informative over the phone. :)

Paul

Archived