NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads up: Nice solar activity 17 June

Helen

Just set the PST up and thought I'd post a heads up. You know sometimes as soon as you put your eye to the scope you involuntarily go 'Wow'? well today was one of those :mad: There's a great detailed prom as well as some smaller ones, and some nice surface detail too (got a friend's double stack on the PST :))

Well worth a look :)

My netbook has just told me its being attacked :icon_scratch: so I need to sort that out before I can get any shots...

Helen

Confused now. Spaceweather reported no (whitelight) sunspots yesterday (16th). But, having finally optimised (LOL) my equipment, I did have great hopes, but the one emerging on the limb fizzled out? :)

I can see two/three sunspots in the active region - I think they are changing quickly though!

Nice prom on SW limb. The AR nearer the limb is more active today, with a couple of spotlets and a few pores, also minor flaring in Ha. Intricate network of filaments in the NE region. Better than yesterday but still pretty quiet.

Archived