Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Garden Observatory

MickyWay

Thought I'd post a picture of my obsy. I keep my scope outside in all but the worst of winter weather, and so far (nearly two years) there isn't a sign of deterioration. I don't keep any electronics attached to the 'scope during hibernation (electronics and moisture don't mix). In saying that, the Telegizmo 365 cover was an expensive but excellent buy. It keeps everything dry and moisture free.I bought it directly from the States, saving about 30%, and that included postage! The pillar is a recent addition (secondhand), and the EQ6 is bolted via a shortened EQ6 tripod extension. the whole setup is solid and makes setting up quick and easy.

I'm not a lover of enclosed observatories, and I find this open setup just about OK.

post-16403-1338774548_thumb.jpg

Those pics must have been taken early morning.:D.

A nice attractive site it looks too.

I would be concerned about the EQ6 electronics during severe frosts, even with the Telegizmo shroud over it. But then I'm a worrier about such things.

Ron.:D

Those pics must have been taken early morning.:D.

A nice attractive site it looks too.

I would be concerned about the EQ6 electronics during severe frosts, even with the Telegizmo shroud over it. But then I'm a worrier about such things.

Ron.:D

Hi Ron,

I've not had any problems with severe frosts getting inside the cover or effecting the mounts performance, yet!

I think covering the rig after a heavy dew, without wiping away the

moisture, would possibly cause problems. The worst dew I had was when I setup in a field. 'Perfect' seeing to start with, then everything was covered in water, just like rain. I took the 'scope inside to dry off on that occasion, and gently warmed the handset on a radiator. No damage done.

Archived