Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M57 Ring Neb

Keiran

Morning guys...

Its been a long and rewarding night tonight. This is my third attempt at the ring neb, but this time (thanks to Psychobilly, Peter) I am able to use bulb mode on my DSLR....

This is 13x 110s subs, darks and bias...

Now, please be nice, Ive tried so hard to get the colour out and this is what ive ended up with hope you like it...

bulldog_keiran-albums-my-photos-picture5300-m57-13-x-110s-subs-darks-bias.jpg

Now we're talking...

Glad it all worked the way I planned :D

Grab a load of Bias Frames...

Make sure no lights getting into the camera and shoot at the same ISO as last night but at the shortest possible shutter speed that you have on the camera... take loads of them 20-40 and add them into the mix in DSS this should help clean up the background and the streaking...

Also go through the frames manualy and check them one by one.. there's one frame in there thats jumped and hasnt been rejected in the stacking .. find it take it out and you'll loose all those double stars...

Peter...

Keiran, i remember the first time i imaged the Ring Nebula, it was also the first time i'd actually seen it through a telescope as well (image first)..it was an awesome feeling knowing i could actually get it on my scope!..well done on your capture!:)

ps ...ive adjusted your image slightly for you;)

post-17887-133877454996_thumb.jpg

The problem is by rejecting the frames with the bad tracking you will have less "signal" and the noise won't have been averaged out so well...

in the short term a lot more shorter subs might be the way to go... whist trying to find out whats causing the "jump" in RA...

Remember you DONT want absolutely perfect balance in either RA or DEC otherwise there's a risk of wallowing in the backlash...you want to try and maintain positive engagment with the face of the gears...

Peter...

Okay thanks every body, I will try shorter exposures next time peter...

It is such an improvement on the original, and thanks for the advice on the 8ch...

Guy... It really is an improvement on my first attempt, dont you think :)

Archived