NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I give up as well

BlueAstra

Following on from Demonperformer's post, I have very similar problems with Venus. Low in the E, just above some houses, lots of turbulence, very little time to get it. Here's my best effort, retrieved from the bin :D

post-16060-133877453942_thumb.jpg

Add one of these to your kit list - UV & IR Filters - Baader IR-Pass Filter

If helps with poor seeing. I forgot to mention this in DP thread.

I would also say that your focus is off slightly on this image.

Also somewhere in the camera setting is a GAMMA slider - have a play with that during capture - I've found that quite a useful tool!

What ever you do DO NOT give up!

Ant

Wasn't really going to give up. Just frustrated with the lack opportunity with this target. Thanks for the tips on settings. I have a red filter in my manual filter wheel. Would that do? Never thought of using it on planets.

Venus is a pain at the moment, I will also give an IR pass filter a shot, good idea. At least I can easily move my scope about easily. Maybe I should just throw it in the back of the car and drive somewhere outside of the city (when it stops raining, and the clouds **** off, that is)

It will get better later

Archived