Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The SKY 6 pro....where to get it.

Hi all.

Like it says....where can I get a copy?

I looked at their site and only the new SkyX is available, plus, I'd like a CD version.

The Widescreen centre used to stock it, but it isn't on their software list anymore.

Cheers

Rob

Been looking myself.... I have the Advanced amateur version and it won't talk to the USNO databases:(. So I use CdC V3:hello2:

I think unless you can find a s/h copy, SkyX is all there is.......

Sky6 Pro has now been 'retired' as Software Bisque term it and disappeared from the SB site some time ago. Their intention is that customers should now buy SkyX Pro. I've no idea what the improvements are of SkyX over Sky6.

HTH

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Yes....the yearly cost has cost them my business!

Rob

Sorry Rob, have to disagree with you.

For less than a quid a week you get support each year of one of the most brilliant pieces of astronomical software in the world...IMHO.

The sky software is simply the easiest and most robust software I've ever used for astronomy. And now through continued development they have released sky 10 (X) for multiple platforms, mac and pc.

With t point as well they are my rocks for which I build all my observing / imaging work flow.

Small price to pay I feel, but everyone has different priorities.

Daniel and Steve are also frequent posters on their website and often walk people through any issues they may have. I'd say it's a bargain.

Hi all.

Like it says....where can I get a copy?

I looked at their site and only the new SkyX is available, plus, I'd like a CD version.

The Widescreen centre used to stock it, but it isn't on their software list anymore.

Cheers

Rob

Rob,

Have you tried posting wanted ads on the yank sites, cloudy nights or astromart, may get lucky as they have loads of foot traffic through those sites.

On another note, when I upgrade to sky X you can have my old sky 6.

Archived