SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sunspot Group 1076 - 3rd June.

Dave

I finally got a chance to get my salvaged Lumenera LU120 camera going on the Sun. Nice group of spots visible and a faculae near the limb too. Taken with my Equinox ED80 and a 2x Barlow. I will have to try and cut more filter to fit the bigger scope to see if I can tease out a bit more detail. I think I will be doing a lot more of this, especially if sunspot activity increases.

post-14922-133877452579_thumb.jpg

Look up at the top rh edge of your image..... you've also caught the small AR1073!!!

Ummm. I got an imaging session in poor conditions fairly late in the evening & I reckon that "AR 1073" stop is in fact a small new area deveolping to the north east of the remains of AR 11073, which is pretty well decayed.

Nice catch though!

I've now got a mylar filter made for the 8" Newt. this weekend. I can't wait to try that out for a bit more detail. Pity this spot group is now virtually lost around the limb now.

Archived