NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSLR question

Jamie

Gordon

I have searched the net for this "Knife Edge Focuser" I have found that the part No. for a Canon is EOS202. I can find a price for it but no details as to what it is or what it looks like etc I havn't a clue as to whether it is an accessory or software. Canon do not list it even though it has a Canon Part No.

Robin

Hi Jamie

Method i use is a hartman mask and output the DSLR to a 7" TFT screen i got off ebay, and zoom in using the buttons on the back of the dslr. Also i have a better view when finishing an exposure if the snap was any good ( plus the bonus when your at a star party an it's raining you have a little TV to watch as well for the weather :wink: ) works for me.

Alan ( gaelicstorm7 ) has a Stiletto and swears by it.

Cheers

Gordon

Someone at my local club uses the Stiletto and he too swears by it.

I personally find a bright star, focus best i can through the viewfinder. Then shoot a series of shots, refining the focus with each shot. Normally takes 6-9 shots to get it close.

The idea of 7" screen appeals though. May have to look out for one.

Russ

Archived