Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

25mm paradigm.. hot or not..

I feel it time to upgrade the stock plossls that came with my scope. I really like the look (and price!) of the paradigm eyepieces. Although generally reveiws are favourable towards the range it seems that the 25mm is not so good.

Has anyone got, or has used, this eyepiece?

I am also eyeing up the Celestron X-cel 25mm as an alterative, any comments on this too please.

hugs and kisses ..:D

The 25mm does seem to be the runt of the litter. I bought the 8mm, 12mm and 18mm....all were excellent, no complaints. But because of the negative reviews, i avoided the 25mm. It would probably have been okay.

I avoided the 25mm for the same reason, but am happy with the 5 and 15mms that i've got.

I got a 26mm meade 5000 for about £60 instead of the 25mm paradigm but I was a little disappointed as it wasnt really much better than the shorter paradigms I own in terms of sharpness across field of view (though it looks and feels a bit more expensive).

So although I cant speak for the 25mm paradigm, if buying an eyepiece of that focal length again I would probably try the paradigm instead.

Archived