Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Titan's "Kissing Lakes" wow

OXO

IMG002288-br500.jpg

This Cassini radar image shows two lakes "kissing" each other on the surface of Saturn's moon Titan.

The image from a flyby on Sept. 23, 2006, covers an area about 60 kilometers (37 miles) wide by 40 kilometers (25 miles) high.

This pass was primarily dedicated to the ion and neutral mass spectrometer instrument, so although, the volume of radar data was small, scientists were amazed to see Earth-like lakes. With Titan's colder temperatures and hydrocarbon-rich atmosphere, however, the lakes likely contain a combination of methane and ethane, not water.

Story at http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/image-details.cfm?imageID=2288

Cool eh?

Insert Quote

Clearly this was left as a message to us by the flying-saucer men, to remind us to spread love and peace and harmony throughout the universe, and failing that, to make out lots

Yeah like the face on Mars telling me to get a Shave :wink:

I remembered i had done an image which reminded me of the kinda of view you would get from the radar image then altered my image (lot's of messing) to suit. A bit rushed but i wanted to get it on here whilst it was relatively new News..

Glad you like it :grin:

James(Digital Brush's having a rest :wink:)

Archived