NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Upgrade or not?

Hi all,

I have an EQ5, the white one, with my 200p mounted on it. I have almost saved enough money for the GOTO upgrade.

Now the big question, do I buy the upgrade or do I buy a HEQ5?

Hmmmm....

I have just bought a S/Hand Meade 70mm frac' and i am hoping to use this as a guide scope, Is this possible???

Will my EQ5 scope cope with the extra weight, seems just fine with my Newt on it.

Will the problems come when I buy the Upgrade kit, will it be the motors that will struggle???

Any help and advice is welcome,

Thank you,

Keiran

Merlin,

I have an EQ5 for sale, are you interest, lol.

Okay I think im sold.

Do you think that the Meade 70mm will be okay for a guide scope?

Thanks for you quick response.

Keiran

Okay, where can i get some tube rings for the scope to fit my 200p, or shall i just make them?

Any links to guide scope rings would be welcome, I have searched SGL no luck.

And when it comes to guide scope cameras, any recomendations??

Sorry to butt in guys if this is the wrong place - I just got here. Can I ask the following?

I have a skywatcher 130p - it's OK and i can just about make Saturns rings out - but it's nothing special. It wobbles a lot and there's a bit of blurriness on the edge of the mirror. I certainly can't make out anything more so I just use it to stare at the moon for now.

I have a fixed budget on what I can spend and I have 2 options.

1 - keep/upgrade the 130p and just buy better lenses.

2 - get rid of it and swap up to something like a Meade 90/125 ETX

I'm after power more than anything as I live in central London - there's not a lot to look at most days. I'm not bothered about a goto as I can find stuff with my iphone fairly well.

I'm new to all this so would love any help I can get.

Thanks

Sorry to butt in guys if this is the wrong place - I just got here. Can I ask the following?

I have a skywatcher 130p - it's OK and i can just about make Saturns rings out - but it's nothing special. It wobbles a lot and there's a bit of blurriness on the edge of the mirror. I certainly can't make out anything more so I just use it to stare at the moon for now.

I have a fixed budget on what I can spend and I have 2 options.

1 - keep/upgrade the 130p and just buy better lenses.

2 - get rid of it and swap up to something like a Meade 90/125 ETX

I'm after power more than anything as I live in central London - there's not a lot to look at most days. I'm not bothered about a goto as I can find stuff with my iphone fairly well.

I'm new to all this so would love any help I can get.

Thanks

Hi,

I would repost this in the beginners section, it sound like it could be a collimation problem.

I bought my brother a SW 130 P and I can see saturn fine, i tries my 6mm plossland it doesnt make much difference, abit bigger but still lots of detail, i would have to agree collimation.

Archived