Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Iridium Flare

Robert Watson

Hi All, Thought i'd post this ,Monday Night at around 10.10 pm looking south west i saw a very bright light coming from the south west it came right overhead and headed east. It was going at a good speed.Last night at 10.20 pm I had the dob in the garden for about an hour went out to check it as we had a million bugs here doing what bug's do when they've only got a short life span and the same bright light came from north east just as bright and going at the same speed, I did catch it on my video cam but not very well, i hope tonight i might catch it again I live in south down in N Ire so would like to here from N I if they seen this I'm 100% sure it was an Iriuium Flare:icon_eek:

Sounds like the ISS Robert... West to East is going to be the ISS... Iridiums track N->S or S->N... the track isn't bright over the whole sky, just for about 15-20 seconds as it flares and dies away again.

if you register on heavens-above.com (it's free) you can get predictions for your location, and go back to previous days to check what it was you saw.

Yes It was the ISS, my neighbours were still having a BBQ as I was setting up, and pointed it out to them.... wooo arrrrgh was there reply... :)

Its difficult to image when the beers are thrust upon you.. ;)

Guy...

Sorry about the late reply i was just reading my thread and i should have said north west to east. As i said in my thread i got it on my cam and when you slow it down its just a ball not a H shape like the ISS .I hope it was the ISS cause that would be a first for me

Archived