Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher 8" newt mods

See here Telescope Reviews: My newt mods the mods ive done on a OTA a friend has give mi.I end up having a fine dob and small in size.Think its a beauty too.I prefer to post a link of the phottos i posted on CN because they are allot and the link thread have some detailed explainations and oppinions that are boring too write all again

Hope you like.

Carlos

post-15100-133877445995_thumb.jpg

You can replace standard 1,25" or 2" eyepiece holders with low profile holders (clamping rings or 1,25" low profile screwed to T thread) which will allow using filter selector/wheels and other things that eat backfocus. :)

Excellent work Carlos. Some nice mods you've done there. Collimation on the secondary would certainly be helpful.

And I must get round to flocking my 200P, i have the material but keep putting of the job. I can see me making a complete mess of it.

Hi.Rusty,the bar is indeed for balance the OTA and it works great.Russ,about the flocking,is indeed a tricky job but if you align the paper correctely with the tube axis it should be easier.This flocking paper from D-C-FIX is really good and has great strength,-its not easy to rip the paper beacause its not paper,its a black velvet with a base of rubber foam and you cannot rip it even if you want.

Hi.Ive remaked the altitude weels with two plastic weels we use here in our house window shades.Incredible they fit at the milimiter and the job was easy.

Hope this will give you some ideias

post-15100-13387744636_thumb.jpg

post-15100-133877446365_thumb.jpg

Hi.A black filter was added to avoid dust on the primary.Without this the fan sucks allot of dust to the inside of the OTA and acting more as a vacum cleaner...

The filter was made from my moms socks wich is ideal for this....he he.

post-15100-133877446467_thumb.jpg

Hi.These plastic bearings are used on windows shades here in portugal.Dont know if these shades are used in UK too.If not maybe i can send you two of this bearings for free but you will have to wait because im not working and dont have much €€€€.

These bearings are perfect and if you cant find there maybe i will send you 2 of them.Keep in touch.

carlos

post-15100-133877446559_thumb.jpg

Archived