NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meade Series 5000 ED Triplet refractors

The Meade Series 5000 ED Triplet refractors are now available from First Light Optics ;)

We recently asked for your suggestions, a number of you requested that we stock these telescopes, so here they are :)

The Meade 80mm ED triplet and Meade 127mm ED triplet telescopes are highly regarded here on SGL, they are also about to be re-launched with dual-speed focusers. We have chosen to hold-fire until the new models arrive but should be able to offer both telescopes sometime next month.

Edit - We have secured three Meade 80mm ED triplets with dual-speed focuser.

"The 5000 triplet has a three element design that was found to give the best colour correction of all the scopes we tested, indeed we can see no colour fringing at all - stars were really shown at their very best" Sky at Night magazine group test winner (80mm) 92%

meade_5000_80mm_ed_apo.jpg

meade_127mm_ED_triplet.jpg

We will be announcing other new products over the coming weeks...

Meade's UK importers aren't telling, at least not yet (I did ask, really I did). We do know the new models will be offered with dielectric diagonal and aluminium case. The tube-only option will not be available. There is a possibilty we can obtain some of the 80mm models ahead of the Meade 127. If we succeed we'll mention it here.

HTH :)

Thanks, we think so too ;)

We are selective when choosing products, preferring to stock those regarded favourably by SGL's membership :)

The scatter-gun approach adopted by some other dealers doesn't suit FLO.

You bought one of only five that were shipped out ahead of the official changeover to dual-speed. After that small batch of five they reverted back to single-speed, until now. From here-on they will all be dual-speed.

What is your opinion of the dual-speed focuser? We are assuming the new models will have the same focuser.

I guess i dropped lucky getting hold of this one then :)

Well I've nothing to compare it to but it is very smooth and the fine control is very precise, i cant fault it .

We have secured three of the new Meade 5000 80mm ED triplets with dual-speed focuser :)

They are due to arrive tomorrow. One has pre-sold, two are remaining, another delivery is due in 4-6 weeks.

Please see our website for an up-to-date price.

Thank-you for the feedback chaps ;) We have CNC tube-rings coming too so we'll check the rotatable focuser with the tube-rings installed.

Archived