Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nexstar alignment help please.

I have now spent several hours of observing time trying to get my scope to alight using the Nexstar handset.

It not working for me so can anyone give me a set by step how they do it, dont be affraid of missing the obvious. :D

Hi.

exactly what scope are you using?

I have used the Celestron Nextstar 6se but am now using the Celestron cpc925.

The alignement set up only applies to the 6se.

Firstly only really use mains or a good power tank thats properly topped up.

When powered up,press three star alignment,(you can use any prominant BRIGHT object).

Try and seperate them as well as you can.

You will be asked to set your latitude and longtitude, time, make sure you enter British summer time!, date make sure you set to the American date order Month,Day,Year.

Whan you have done this press enter to move to your first target, always finish this movement by moving up and to the right ,press align, you will be asked to align the object to centre it in the fov(field of view), when done you will be asked to select your next target.You then have to repeat the process twice more, when you press align the last time the scope should callibrate to your location.

Hope that helps.

I think most users of go to scopes will agree to having failed to align correctly even when their sure they have I/P the correct data!

Clear skies

Alan

Hi.

exactly what scope are you using?

I have used the Celestron Nextstar 6se but am now using the Celestron cpc925.

The alignement set up only applies to the 6se.

Firstly only really use mains or a good power tank thats properly topped up.

When powered up,press three star alignment,(you can use any prominant BRIGHT object).

Try and seperate them as well as you can.

You will be asked to set your latitude and longtitude, time, make sure you enter British summer time!, date make sure you set to the American date order Month,Day,Year.

Whan you have done this press enter to move to your first target, always finish this movement by moving up and to the right ,press align, you will be asked to align the object to centre it in the fov(field of view), when done you will be asked to select your next target.You then have to repeat the process twice more, when you press align the last time the scope should callibrate to your location.

Hope that helps.

I think most users of go to scopes will agree to having failed to align correctly even when their sure they have I/P the correct data!

Clear skies

Alan

This procedure works every time for me with my 6SE. The only times it has failed to align first time are when I have made an error (failing to specify BST, incorrect date).

Good luck

Hi Earl uk,

Sorry did'nt see your signature:iamwithstupid:

You MUST have to set your co-ordinates. Have you checked exactly were your location is on the Earth?

If you press the menu and scrawl through you should find VIEW TIME SITE, press to see what it says.

You should have put the details in when you first set up the scope.

Alan

Aye, just bang your location into MultiMap... that will give you your location - probably something close to 52 N / 2 W...

To be exact its:

Lat:52:28:59N

Lon:1:53:37W

But thats for the city centre, Bhams a big place so you might want to refine it by sticking in your postcode.

cheers for the help guys.

It is very sunny here at the moment !!!! nice for a change :D

Im about 5 miles out from the City hell hole ill get a searching :p

Archived