Is this scope a rib off?

i think the 900mm is going to be the focal lengh it looks to be around a 80mm (3 inch) reflector i personaly got a 3 inch dobsoian as my 1st scope but i would recomend gettin gthe best what you can afford if you can go up to 5 inch you will be well rewarded if some nice veiws

danny:cool:

From the text I would say that it is supposed to be 4.5 inch, but it doesn't look it. As melibim say it looks about 3 inches.

Never like it when the vendor cannot spell either.

I assume extra diopters are a US term for eyepieces but never run across them termed that. Basically it looks poor.

As it is a Bushnell take a look at something like telescopes.com and see if they have the same model. They may have and you would have a price comparison and more information on the specification.

Don't think Bushnell really are a scope maker so it will be a rebadge of someone elses.

I have Bushnell binoculars and Ilike them but I personally would avoid this.

The price he is asking is about 80 GBP that and similar scopes can be had here for around the £10 to £25 mark at 2/nd markets and boot sales, to avoid disappointment I would have a look at a decent Astronomical outlet or your own Cloudy Nights forum where there are many good scopes for sale,

NO NO NO, just look at the mount, you would be struggling to obtain a steady view. That mount is an ALT AZ, so look for a 6" dob, far more stable. They say a 6" reflector is the minimum for usfull observing.

I would keep the money in your pocket for a while longer and look for something better.

If you take a closer look at the picture you can see he hasn't really cared for the scope all that well.

He didn't even bother to clean the scope when taking the picture. And I think I you can spot a little ditch in the tube as well.

Sertainly a ripp off. Avoid at all costs!

Archived