Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can focusing change?

richbyers

was outside with my scope, everything was fine. went inside for a few mins and when i came back no matter how far out i try and focus things dont come into view, the focuser just comes out before anythings clear.

this is a bit wierd as it was working perfectly before

any ideas?

rich

Sounds like dew - probably on your secondary mirror as it's more exposed than your primary with the 130P truss design. You could make a shroud to wrap around the truss tubes - that would keep any stray light out (which reduced contrast) as well.

An alternative is that you acccidently breathed on a cold eyepiece causing it to fog up. Easy to do in the dark !.

Sounds like dew - probably on your secondary mirror as it's more exposed than your primary with the 130P truss design. You could make a shroud to wrap around the truss tubes - that would keep any stray light out (which reduced contrast) as well.

An alternative is that you acccidently breathed on a cold eyepiece causing it to fog up. Easy to do in the dark !.

I agree.

Archived